As a wellness coach, I work with individuals dealing with a lot of different challenges. Most recently I consulted someone living with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and working together with her and after lots of research and consultation, I came up with this recommendation towards health and healing. If you’re dealing with this condition, I hope this helps and for next steps or a customized reccommendation, please contact me directly!
RA is inflammation in the body and inflammation usually has to do with excess heat. Heat can come from a lot of places including stress, anger, frustration, and/or toxins. This proposed course of action is a wholistic strategy to remove stressors (physical and/or mental/emotional) and provide the body with the nutrients and conditions it needs to restore you to wholeness and health. No magic pills or instant fixes, just a shift in living, thinking, and being that will help you get back to your best self!
Gentle movements and activities that help relieve stress and REMOVE
- SLEEP – It is IMPERATIVE that you get sufficient sleep. In bed between 10 – 11p and get 8 – 9 hours of sleep a night. Your body needs good rest to restore and heal!!
- Massages – ideally weekly but minimally every 2 weeks for 8 months.
- Gentle Meditative Movement – gentle exercises that help with flexibility and/or relaxation
- Yoga, Tai Chi, and/or Qi Gong
- Moderate and Gentle Exercise – not going for hardcore cardio, just a gentle elevation of heart rate, the goal is to give the body time to rest, keep the lymphatic system moving, and heal the joints.
- Swimming, Elliptical, Cycling
- If you cannot do any exercise right now due to pain/swelling a CHI-Machine is a great tool/investment. It is a gentle way to simulate the motion of walking that helps the lymphatic system flow.
- DETOX BATHS – At least once a week take a detox bath, see attached for recipe. IF getting in and out of the tub is too hard, a Detox Foot Soak 2-3x’s a week will also work. CLICK HERE FOR FREE DETOX BATH RECIPE!!
- Sauna – Spending time in a hot and ideally Infrared Sauna is an EXCELLENT way to detox, relax, and rejuvenate!
According to “You Can Heal Your Life,” by Louise Hay the mental/spiritual/emotional cause of RA is:
Deep criticism of authority. Feeling Very Put Upon.
Holding on to these feelings/thoughts creates the space for this illness in the body. In order to move past it, it is important to take the time to identify if you are feeling this way and if so, choose to release it and/or transform your thoughts around it.
- MEDITATION: Meditation can be sitting quietly focusing on the breath or moving meditation like Yoga, Tai Chi, or even dancing. The goal is to take time to clear the mind and relax.
Check out this FREE Kindle Book “An Easy Guide to Meditation”
- RELEASE: Get a piece of paper and write out exactly how/what/who you may feel this about. Then burn or flush the paper as a symbol of releasing these negative thoughts/feelings
- AFFIRM: Write the Affirmation “I am my own authority. I love and approve of myself. Life is good.” On your MIRROR (with dry erase markers) and repeat to yourself DAILY at least 3 times a day. The key to this step working is to say it with FEELING and allow yourself to FEEL this is true while you say it.
- BONUS STEP: Using the recording feature on your phone, record yourself saying this affirmation (with feeling) and listen to it throughout the day!
- ELIMINATE – get rid of known trigger foods including: Dairy, White Sugar, White & Wheat Flour/Gluten, Soy, White Salt
- Go Paleo with a HEAVY emphasis on Vegetables over Meat, Fruit, and Grains
- If going Paleo ONLY eat meat that is Hormone & Antibiotic Free and Free Range and/or Grass Fed
- Great success story about Paleo & RA here!
- CLEANSE – Take on a system cleanse for 6 weeks to 3 Months to give your body of excess waste
- EAT CLEAN – Take on really clean eating for 3 months – 1 yr to give your digestive system a rest and let your immune and other body systems focus on healing and re-calibrating so you can feel better.
- REPLENISH – years of eating SAD (Standard American Diet) has left most of us nutrient deficient. That means our body can’t heal itself because it doesn’t have the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients it needs to Repair itself! Supplements are designed to REPLENISH the body with ESSENTIAL Nutrients so that while we sleep and live day to day, our body has the time and resources it needs to come back to balance/health.
- Structural System Pack – Provides minerals and nutrients to build and strengthen the structural system, Provides nutrition to the joints and bones, Helps build connective and joint tissue.
- IF Relief – Supports the structural system, Contains compounds that may help modulate heat in the body, Strengthens and protects the immune system.
- Candida Clear – Helps the body maintain the normal balance and colonization of Candida albicans, Supports the immune system, Supports the intestinal tract (At least 3 cycles of this 14 Day program)
- Probiotic Eleven – Regulates intestinal and digestive functions, Provides 11 strains of beneficial microflora, Helps eliminate toxins, Aids in the elimination of toxins, Supports the immune system, Regulates intestinal functions.
- PLSII – Improve intestinal health with soothing PLS II.
- Nature’s Harvest – Provides nutrient-dense plants, fruits and herbs for health and energy, Provides 75% of the Daily Value for 18 essential vitamins and minerals, Contains green foods, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, nutritive herbs, fiber and more, Provides 13 g vegetable protein per serving, Supports the intestinal and circulatory systems, Is vegan, dairy-free and lactose-free.
- CleanStart – CleanStart is a two-week program that supports natural waste elimination to provide a sense of improved energy and well-being. It contains powerful nutrients that help cleanse and detoxify the body. (You need to complete at least 3 cycles of it)
Get into action on the steps mentioned above
Become a Nature’s Sunshine Member and order your supplements at the discounted member rate.
CLICK THIS LINK for a CSV file with everything you need to order monthly for the first 3 months. Upload the file at
After the first 3 months adjustments will be made, CONTACT ME for specifics.
I know it’s an investment and the good news is you don’t have to start all at once! If you know that you want to get started and you can afford to jump in fully, DO IT. If you are ready to get starting on your healing journey and need to ease into it financially, let me know your budget and we’ll figure out where to start and some alternatives that are not as effective, but impactful just the same. The Key is to do what you can and take back your health and vitality. I am available if you have questions or just want to talk.
Be well and Stay Fabulous!
*I am not a medical doctor and this is not medical advice NOR a promise for a CURE. What it is, is a recommendation of steps to take to assist the body in returning to optimal health. Many people have experiences relief from pain and suffering due to auto-immune disorders by making lifestyle and nutritional changes, it could work for you to, but you’ll never know if you don’t try.